- 8 stalks organic celery, diced, about 2 cups
- 1 onion, diced, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 pound mushrooms, diced
- 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons broth, vegetarian or chicken
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (I used almonds when I made this because I didn’t realize I was out of pecans)
- Dice all your veggies.
- In a large, deep saute pan heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the veggies and stir around for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the broth and cover so that the veggies steam a little a bit.
- Add the spices and stir to coat the veggies.
- Add the rice and stir well until the veggies, spices and rice are well-blended.
- Add the pecans and mix up one last time.
Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
Makes 16 servings, per 1/2 cup:
120 calories, 7 g fat, 20 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g natural sugar, 4 g protein