Coleslaw is the classic side to burgers and can be really healthy! This coleslaw is made lighter and tastier with canola mayo and yogurt in the dressing.
Choose non-GMO canola mayo rather than traditional mayo that is made with soybean oil. Soybean oil is high in inflammatory omega 6 fats, whereas canola oil is high in anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats.
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, which is a family of vegetables that have the strongest ability to reduce the risk of cancer. My old boss, a breast cancer survivor, once said, “never pass up the chance to eat a cruciferous vegetable.” That is excellent advice!
- About 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, chopped or shredded
- About 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 4 carrots, grated (About 1-1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the shredded cabbages and carrots into a large bowl.
- Mix the yogurt, mayo, vinegar and honey together and pour over the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix and enjoy!